What's new
What's new

Need good o-ring source

Nami

Hot Rolled
Specifically, 4 x 18 mm, 4 x 19 mm, and 4 x 20 mm in Viton (durometer 70 to 75). Can't seem to get a domestic supplier that wants to give us the time of day. My partner couldn't get the last guy to even give us a minimum order amount. Can get them no problem from China. Really prefer not to.

Any leads?

Thanks,

Burt

O-rings West refused to even give a quote for a million.

The one that responded to me today is 4x the price of the direct Chinese supplier that I already have a quote from. I was ready to buy them at that price as I thought they were domestic. Then I found out that they are also from China. I also got an explanation that tooling up to make them domestically would be cost prohibitive.

So I guess the business model is, import them from China, mark them up 400%, and hope the customer is stupid enough to fall for it. Sounds like the forward thinking and modern business practice that will ensure america stays on top.

None of the other links panned out either. Alibaba, here I come.

Thanks to everyone for trying though.

Burt

I deal with O-Rings almost on a daily basis. I've notice in the past ten years, that the sources for O-Rings is gradually drying up here in the states and going to places like China and India. So Sad!

AB sells o-rings now? may wanna actually read the OP before replying with an advertisement

Wow! You're right I'm a moron. I can't even figure out how to delete it. The worse part is that my post came off as an advertisement. I just work there. I enjoy finding new vendors for when I need more options and that is what I thought I was giving the OP. I have reported it so hopefully it will be removed.

All world Machinery
(815) 943-9111
1301 w. diggins
harvard, ill

onesy twosy on anything I have ever tried
seals, switches you name it for machine tool repair

Back