What's new
What's new

Renishaw / Haas Probing Bore on Angle or with Plane Rotation

Zahnrad Kopf

Diamond
I don't see this specifically listed in the Renishaw manual so thought to ask here after not finding the info I seek through a search.

I want to probe a bore for setting my offset location. The bore has an internal feature that will interfere with the result being proper. ( a through slot directly in line with one axis, such that it would affect how the probe ball is triggered )

Is there a variable to tell the probing routine to rotate the plane during the cycle, so that I can probe at say 45° to both axis, instead of directly in line with them? ( or even a different routine )

In other words, normally the motion of the probe would look like this when looking down from over the part: +

I would like the motion to look like this: X

I can do this on other machines with a variable/modifier, but can't find how to do it on this one.

Thanks.

3 point bore measure?

G65 P9823 D(DIA) A,B,C are your angles

Morning buddy. Yeah, I saw that one but rather like the four point method better. I am positive that it is a mental issue on my part ( as in, I'm mental ) but I am trying to do this with four hits, not three. On my WEDM I can tell it " R45. " and it will rotate the plane 45 degrees for the probing only. That is what I would like to do here. I'll likely end up using the 3 point for now but would still like to figure out a way.

Thanks.

EDIT - I'm going to try writing a routine that uses actual Plane Rotation and see what happens... :eek: Wish me luck...

On my WEDM I can tell it " R45. " and it will rotate the plane 45 degrees for the probing only. That is what I would like to do here. ...

Kinda the same thing on the Hermle- can adjust each angle independently within the probe macro. Just had my review yesterday- said when I get back from surgery I am going to be spending a lot more time on the 5th. Ive been walking around with a semi for almost 24hrs straight now. :D

EDIT - I'm going to try writing a routine that uses actual Plane Rotation and see what happens... :eek: Wish me luck...

AFAIK, the renishaw macros can't be used with G68 active.

Like allloutmx suggested, maybe try the 3-point bore cycle... twice with different angles and take the average? (or midpoint between your two results)

AFAIK, the renishaw macros can't be used with G68 active.

Like allloutmx suggested, maybe try the 3-point bore cycle... twice with different angles and take the average? (or midpoint between your two results)

3 point cycle works great, just be sure to calibrate for 3 point.

thesidetalker appears to be correct. Routine did not like the G68 and gave odd results. I'll dive into that another time.

Mike Ortega is liekwise correct. A salient point about calibrating for it. Boy. It really makes a difference and is necessary.

I took alternative measures to get the process done after fiddle farting with it for a few hours. I could not spend any more time on it. I do want to revisit this later though.

Thanks all. ( even you, AllOutMX :) )

thesidetalker appears to be correct. Routine did not like the G68 and gave odd results. I'll dive into that another time.

Mike Ortega is liekwise correct. A salient point about calibrating for it. Boy. It really makes a difference and is necessary.

I took alternative measures to get the process done after fiddle farting with it for a few hours. I could not spend any more time on it. I do want to revisit this later though.

Thanks all. ( even you, AllOutMX :) )

App Engineer at our local HFO suggested adding the vector cal. to 9023. Kinda handy so when you run calibration from VQC, it does both. I like it.

Add the bold line below:

G04 P500
G65 P9802 D#7
G65 P9803 D#7
G65 P9804 D#7
GOTO18

App Engineer at our local HFO suggested adding the vector cal. to 9023. Kinda handy so when you run calibration from VQC, it does both. I like it.

Add the bold line below:

Using Inspection + is possible in G68, but:
1. Copy content of #500, #501, #502, #503 to another location
2. Go G68 .
3. Calibrate the probe XY. This will load the new #500, #501, #502, #503, valid for specific angle used in G68 sentence. Copy these results to another location.
3. Reload the original (not rotated) values of #500, #501, #502, #503.

Each time you wish to use the measuring "rotated" routine, load the "rotated" variables and perform it. Do not forget to reload the original variables at the end of the routine.

Back