What's new
What's new

OT-A New Low for Government Liquidations-Rusty P&W 3B

Funny how clueless they are about travels - its 48 X 24 with 9" quill travel and 12" quill housing repositioning

Has ball roll quill - the ne plus ultra of precision and rigidity

Four speed motor looks huge but is 1 1/2 HP

15K in round numbers for weight

Keep in mind that Gov Liq does not get possession of surplus items until the using agency releases the item. Most agencies do their best to degrade the machine before releasing it. A favorite tactic is storing machines outside with no cover until they are certain that it is no longer needed. Gov Liq is not in the machinery business, as they simply liquidate assets for a percentage of the take. They are not kidding when they state that the item should be inspected before bidding. Regards, Clark

It all shows how the Public Sector waste your money-either side of the pond and at national or local level. It appears at least in US that they are offered for sale,albeit rusty. Don't be put off by a bit of rust as CI is very forgiving. Sorry to hear about yr dad Matt hope yr managing ok.

I think people in government try to mess up material before it is sold. Years ago I bought an M37 truck. Paperwork showed a recent overhaul. Somebody drained the oil and coolant and ran it til it put a rod out the side.

I've bought some junk from GL so very familiar with them, but it still hurts to see how they treat stuff.

Sorry to hear about yr dad Matt hope yr managing ok.

Its getting better, still been so busy that I've had to skip the grieving process and focus on what needs to be done, but ill get there.

I'm sure Dads pissed at me spending a Saturday with PERFECT weather in church for his funeral service and not saving iron like this P&W.

But today wasn't about me or him, it was really about making mom feel better.

I've bought some junk from GL so very familiar with them, but it still hurts to see how they treat stuff.

Its getting better, still been so busy that I've had to skip the grieving process and focus on what needs to be done, but ill get there.

I'm sure Dads pissed at me spending a Saturday with PERFECT weather in church for his funeral service and not saving iron like this P&W.

But today wasn't about me or him, it was really about making mom feel better.

Hi Matt, I've found that immersing myself in work helped me in the past when I was troubled. The thing about engineering is it demands your full attention and concentration, no time to think about other things.

Good luck in the future.

Best Wishes, Tyrone.

Back