What's new
What's new

In need of special belts

dale54

Plastic
I have a Boyar-Schultz No.2 profile grinder. This is a two spindle machine the spindles not only rotate but oscillate. For the spindles to oscillate properly the belts need to be father flexible. I have been in search of the belts made for the machine but have no been successful up to this point. I'm hoping someone here will know of a source for the correct belts. the dimension of the belt is .070x1.250x30.250. I do not have any idea of the type of material the belt is made of. There are photos included for better reference. Thanks for any help. Dale20170421_171435.jpg20170421_171547.jpg20170421_171915.jpg

I have a Boyar-Schultz No.2 Profile Grinder. The grinder has two spindles which rotate as well as oscillate. this is where my problems begin. I need at minimum one new belt and possibly two. These belts are quiet flexible when new. I believe this is to allow for the oscillate. I have searched but have not yet found a source. I would be grateful for assistance. These are great machines. I have used them in tool rooms over my life time. I bought this one for my own use. Starting the repair process now. The pictures show specifics. Belt is .070x1.250x30.250.

McMaster-Carr has many listings for flat belts..all different compositions, and they'll even make custom lengths, cheap and fast. I've done it and the results were great.

All you need is a length, width, thickness and approximation of the belt material.

Stuart

McMaster-Carr has many listings for flat belts..all different compositions, and they'll even make custom lengths, cheap and fast. I've done it and the results were great.

All you need is a length, width, thickness and approximation of the belt material.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, I have used M-C over the years but didn't know they would make belts.

Finally a possible replacement for my belt.

I am glad I checked this thread. My small Butterfly Surface Grinder has a belt made of similar material, but much smaller. I checked with my local Motion Industries store, and they had no clue about where to get a replacement. I got the same response from another local drive line and belt kind of store. Somewhere, maybe ebay, there was a guy selling similar belts, but he wanted a minimum of 5 belts and about ?$40.00 each which I did not consider a serious offer. Fortunately my belt is not broken, just aged. I'll be calling McMaster soon to see what they can do for me.

Attachments

• Belt Close Up.jpg
    Belt Close Up.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Belt Overall View.jpg
    Belt Overall View.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 119
Yeah, I'll be trying the same thing. Tired of having to put my hand beside the pulleys to catch the belt, as it flies off about every third motor start on the K. O. Lee. I'm really good at catching it now, though!

I have a Boyar-Schultz No.2 profile grinder. This is a two spindle machine the spindles not only rotate but oscillate. For the spindles to oscillate properly the belts need to be father flexible. I have been in search of the belts made for the machine but have no been successful up to this point. I'm hoping someone here will know of a source for the correct belts. the dimension of the belt is .070x1.250x30.250. I do not have any idea of the type of material the belt is made of. There are photos included for better reference. Thanks for any help. DaleView attachment 196810View attachment 196811View attachment 196812

I have a Boyar-Schultz No.2 Profile Grinder. The grinder has two spindles which rotate as well as oscillate. this is where my problems begin. I need at minimum one new belt and possibly two. These belts are quiet flexible when new. I believe this is to allow for the oscillate. I have searched but have not yet found a source. I would be grateful for assistance. These are great machines. I have used them in tool rooms over my life time. I bought this one for my own use. Starting the repair process now. The pictures show specifics. Belt is .070x1.250x30.250.

Judging from your pic you need to change the location in your profile. It is very evident you are posting from Australia. :D

I'll check out their web site and contact Sopko I have bought spanner wrenchs from them for mt surface grinder but was not aware they sold belts. Thanks for the help.

I've never heard of Al Bino before but it only stands to reason you should be able to find anything related to machinery in Michigan its just being able to track it down. Thank you.

my oversight Al Bino industrial belting isn't in Michigan but Pennsylvania. I guess I wont just drive over there Monday and get right back. Guess I'd better just make a phone call instead. Thanks again.

Try Hudson Belting  
Address: 85 E Worcester St, Worcester, MA 01604
Phone: (508) 756-0090
over 100 years of family owned belting! Theses guys know belting! The stock room is the whole building.
Leather Drive Belts
Cotton Belts
Conveyor Belts
Nylon Belts
and Rubber belting of all types.

I've got an Oliver drill grinder with a rather long, thin flat drive belt.. that has got a bad place that looks like it will let it tear one of these days..
Seems like Oliver was a little high on replacements.. for no more than I use the thing.
Maybe this would be the place to seek a cheaper replacement.

Back