What's new
What's new

Hydraulic foot valve

wakrocket

Aluminum
Does anyone have experience using a foot valve for a hydraulic press? I have a small, nicely built hydraulic
forging press, but the valve is a two way Prince valve operated by hand . I am hoping that there is an easy
adaptation to a foot valve, which will operate automatic return, and foot valve pressure.
Does anyone have any experience in this kind of thing?

Thanks

wak

Wak,

I just finished a hydraulic press project and while I thought about a foot operated valve, I went with the hand operated valve. Doing so made sure at least one of the operators claws was out of harms way.

I have seen hand operated valves rigged with a nice chain or cable that dropped down to a foot pedal. Easy to do and not too Rube Goldberg if you try to keep it neat. As for a 'true', factory foot operated hydraulic valve...haven't seen or used one, sorry.

Stuart

That would be strictly ON/OFF..no ability to throttle or creep into a push.

Stuart
The OP did NOT indicate that as a requirement eh ?
Let's review shall we ?
"Does anyone have experience using a foot valve for a hydraulic press? I have a small, nicely built hydraulic
forging press, but the valve is a two way Prince valve operated by hand . I am hoping that there is an easy
adaptation to a foot valve, which will operate automatic return, and foot valve pressure.
Does anyone have any experience in this kind of thing?
Thanks

wak
"

Solenoid would allow a simple switch to enable several modes of operation.

Wak,

You have probably seen all the foot actuators configurations that a Google search provides...right? There are pics of small (factory) forging presses with foot pedals that are simply tied mechanically to a directional valve much like the Prince unit you already have.:)

Here is a link to a home built one that could be dressed up a bit if needed. 24 ton hydraulic forging press for blacksmithing - YouTube

Stuart

Wak,

You have probably seen all the foot actuators configurations that a Google search provides...right? There are pics of small (factory) forging presses with foot pedals that are simply tied mechanically to a directional valve much like the Prince unit you already have.:)

Here is a link to a home built one that could be dressed up a bit if needed. 24 ton hydraulic forging press for blacksmithing - YouTube

Stuart

Skip TO 5:47

Your welcome.

Back