What's new
What's new

photo editing/enhancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveh101

Plastic
Hi guys, hope this is he right place for this! I have attached a photo of the front cover of a Padovani Labor 200s lathe which one of the members was kind enough to send me. I am wondering if anyone has the skills to make the bottom panel more visiblelathe cover.jpg so I can get the details off it and get a decal made to replace the one which rubbed off.

Many thanks

Steve

if only it were like TV where some tech takes a shitty CTV frame, presses the magic button and you can do a thread count on the guys shirt.

if you zoom in on your photo, you eventually are looking at pixels, individual blocks of colour. You can't get more detail out of it than that. You need a high enough resolution such that anything you want to see is distinctively made from smaller pixels. I sure wish those responsible for putting jpegs in docs and pdfs on web sites knew this.

CQUr5pw.jpg

If you can get a higher resolution photo there are many free image manipulation programs. I like the "gimp".

You have no idea how frustrating it is to see machines with the details there and not be able to read them! There must be a way to get the info!

find someone with that machine, a take a decent photo of it with a good camera. You're not going to get anywhere with the one posted - see above image of the pixels.

Alternatively figure out the gearing and roll your own

Suggestion:
The title of your post is very vague.
When you do get a good picture, please post it in your original
lathe thread.

If your only missing a few numbers rubbed off of your own machine you can bet they are even intervals in a series between the numbers you do have. I would make an excel spreadsheet and try to get the columns and rows of all the numbers to line up an get the fonts and line weights as best you can then and go to a trophy or award engraving shop and ask them to engrave or laser etch or print it to fit your overall dimensions.

recreating nice looking numbers and lines from a picture is a terrible idea.

excel is a bit of a pain, but your nameplate looks very simple and well suited. If you put the gearing math in the spreadsheet you can use it to calculate ratios not given on the original sheet, but that is difficult work.

here is a sample I started
nameplate.JPG

Hi guys, thanks for all reply's, I had seen the post from kgm110 and have sent 2pms regarding info but as of yet no reply, I have also asked the dealer for some close up shots of the control panel, I looked at the spread sheet but I have no idea on where to start with gear ratios, so that looks like a no go. My search continues!

Hi guys, thanks for all reply's, I had seen the post from kgm110 and have sent 2pms regarding info but as of yet no reply, I have also asked the dealer for some close up shots of the control panel, I looked at the spread sheet but I have no idea on where to start with gear ratios, so that looks like a no go. My search continues!

it's just like a fill in the blank. you don't have to do the math, you can, but you don't have to. It's going to be a number in series. for instance

find the missing number in this series. 20,24,28,?,36,40
it's 32. each number is 4 more than the previous.

if you fill in the numbers you can discern, I can help you figure out the ones you can't.

Ever see the photos or videos from store security cameras? Ever wonder how the "lab experts" on detective shows take a low resolution, grainy picture and massage into images of license plates numbers or criminal's faces. You can't. ;)

Ken

Thanks guys, some good info there, have sent the broke a message about lathe, I have a guy in Germany who deals with old Padovani lathes looking for a data sheet for the panel, have pm'd kgm110 about the posts in other thread. Cant do much more! would love to fill I the blanks on the chart but its a big blank

Attachments

• 20170915_161147.jpg
    20170915_161147.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 97
Have been offered a panel at £400 plus tax and shipping. I think that is a bit out of my range so my search will have to carry on!

Brilliant news for me. A lathe parts company from Germany sent me an email with a pdf drawing of front panel information. Perseverence pays off. Thanks for all your input guys. Brilliant forum and will hanging around.

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back