What's new
What's new

10K Adjuster Help

CWC(4)

Cast Iron
Looking for some help with the belt tensioner for an early '50's 10K lathe. This is the adjuster with a large knurled knob on a shaft that goes through the hole in the head stock to the motor drive in the rear.
I got the lathe in pieces and went completely through each component last winter including new paint as I went, but I'm at a loss for dimensions of the adjuster as the original had been replaced with something else. A picture of the part alone with dimensions/measurements would help me greatly and I appreciate any help. There is a picture (not mine) of the style of 10K lathe/adjuster on our South Bend picture gallery, post #287 here on pg 15:
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...outh-bend-picture-gallery-153748/index15.html
Thanks in advance for any help.
CWC(4)

Thanks for the reply. I did ask Ted about this a month or 2 ago and he didn't have the part or a diagram.
I was hoping someone that had one of these lathes in use could show me a picture of the rod/knob assy. and dimensions so I could make one. If someone has the original part, even better but it can't be too difficult to make with the proper measurements.
CWC(4)

Back