What's new
What's new

1955 9x36 value?

stubbs

Aluminum
I know it is hard to put prices on items with limited knowledge, but I will ask anyway. I have found the above mentioned lathe for sale. It has been COMPLETELY refurbished, and looks like new, a very well done job. Ballpark value? I am in the market for a smaller lathe like this and am interested in buying it. It seems to be complete minus a stand. Thanks for any help you guys can be.

I paid 1500 for my 9x48 with all tooling,double box with drill chucks drill bits aftermarket toolpost grinder and palmgreen milling att. I did refurbish it myself but it hasn't disappointed me on any project I have thrown at it. tommie

A few months ago I purchased my first mid 40's 10L. It's an unrestored but working lathe. It came equipped with a turret, collets, several chucks and tooling. My cost was $800 plus a few favors. Some folks would say favors can kill you quicker than bullets. After a quick cleaning and oiling I set up and leveled my lathe in the shop. A gentleman that visited me a few weeks ago offered almost twice the sum of what I paid for the lathe. I declined the offer since I am getting attached to that old lathe. After carefully inspecting my older lathe I have come to realize how well it is made. In hindsight, I now feel that I would have paid more for it. Just a thought.

Back