What's new
What's new

10K feed dials

weedy64

Aluminum
What are the dia. of the two sizes? or is there a small and large 10k dial?

I bought a 9 crossfeed dial and it is not right - wrong bore and OD.

Does anyone make larger reproductions?

Not sure about the 10k, but I'm going to assume that it was similar to my 1960 9", although I'd have to check the PNs of the assembly to make sure. The small dial that was on there when I bought it was 1.032" dia.. I replaced it with a large dial, which was 1.75" dia.. The small dial had a 0.375" ID, to match the crossfeed shaft. The large dial has a 0.500" bore, to match a bushing that's pinned to the crossfeed shaft. I think that large dials may imply thrust bearings, as well. What's the OD and ID of the dial you bought?

I have yet to see an acceptable reproduction that I thought looked anywhere as nice as the originals. Ted may have some hanging around.

Paul

It has .375 bore, about 1" OD. The flange on my 10K cross-feed is bigger than this dial and the shaft is 0.500". My bad, I didn't take care and realize the differences between a 9 and 10k.

This 10K was cheap, a tip over and came with broken tumblers, wobbly carriage wheel and no cross-feed handles or dial. And no motor or countershafts.

I debated just parting it out but you know what happens when you start cleaning and looking at things, decided it wasn't that worn, and a better size for small stuff than a 28" Monarch.

Everything else is good now that its clean and oiled, it was just sticky from sitting in a barn. I swapped in a DC drive, 1hp motor and tach, found some tumblers, replaced all the felts, adjusted bearings. Bought an A size 40pos. Im in deep now. Just need a dial and handle or a pair of vice grips

It will be nice to have a small lathe around.

PS: don't know who Ted is

It has .375 bore, about 1" OD. The flange on my 10K cross-feed is bigger than this dial and the shaft is 0.500". My bad, I didn't take care and realize the differences between a 9 and 10k.
Actually, the later 9" was available with large dials as well - the only way to be sure, is to measure the OD of the matching flange. The dial size can be anything, as long as it matches the flange. The practical upper limit I think, is about 2.25", at that point you start interfering with the compound.

Paul

Back