What's new
What's new

13" SB BACK GEAR JUMPING OUT

Powerpooche

Cast Iron
CAN ANYBODY ENLIGHTEN ME ON HOW TO TIGHTEN UP THE BACK GEAR LEVER ON A 13" SB SO IT DOESN'T JUMP UNDER LOAD?

POWERPOOCHE,
I don't have an answer for you, but I just got a 13" SBL and there's a wire going from the back gear lever to a bolt, to hold it in place. Must be a common problem. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet, so I'm looking forward to see what the response to your question is.

BTW & FWIW, you might want to stop using all caps when you enter a message.....all caps is considered yelling and not polite. ;)
-Bob

I'M DOING THE BUNGEE TRICK RIGHT NOW.WHEN IT WARMS UP I'LL GET INTO IT DEEPER.
SAW A POST A WHILE BACK ABOUT A SIMILAR SITUATION BUT CAN'T FIND IT.

Thanks Webb

Looks the same ,I'm heading to the shop in a little bit. If it works I'll let you know.

P.O.

Webb,
Thanks very much for posting the links to the maintenance info. Is that information from a manual and, if so, where can I obtain a copy of it?
Many thanks,
-Bob

Hi There,

Those pages can be found in the SBL Parts Manual (part no: CE3458). That manual also contains instructions on adjusting spindle bearings and clutch adjustment (for cam lock style).

Good Luck!
-Blue Chips-
Webb

Webb

Just crawled out of the dungeon, that info was just what the doctor ordered, got it tightened up just like brandy new!

Thanks again

P.O.

I also got mine tightened up to the point where it doesn't jump out of gear anymore !! Thanks for the information, Webb !!! ;)
-Bob

Back