What's new
What's new

13" Sheldon

Sheldon13

Plastic
Don't know where to post this, but I need a half nut cam for a 13" Sheldon. My split through the hole the handle ping goes through. I could weld it, but I'd prefer to replace it if someone has one. I've seen folks here post that they have parts for Sheldon's from time to time. I am a member of the yahoo Sheldon group, but no on there has responded to my need yet. Thanks!

Perhaps a photo of the failed part with ruler scale? Also, the model of the machine. Sheldon made two 13" lathes, the older and lighter M series and an R series.

Tom

It's am M series lathe. I don't have it apart since it's still usable--just need to be careful when engaging the half-nuts. I really don't want to take it apart until I find the part I need. Otherwise, it'll be out of commission until I find the part or put it back together with the broke part.

Thanks Tom! I have a hard copy of the parts manual, but downloading this one for saving in my 'Sheldon' folder was much easier than scanning my hard copy.

Mine was broken when I bought it, I made a new one. That was fifteen years or so ago and it has worked well. It was broken inside. It was maybe two inches in diameter with a slot milled across the end and turned down to fit through the apron.
Rick

Yes, I really just need to take it apart and see what I'm up against -- repair, continue to try to find a replacement, or make a new one in some fashion.

Back