What's new
What's new

Are 14" parts interchangable with any other model?

TomBoctou

Hot Rolled
I've got a bunch of parts from some SB 14" lathes that were scrapped. Headstocks (D1 and threaded), gearboxes, back gears, hand wheels, screws, cone pulleys, belt guards, etc.

Can any of these parts be used on other SB models? I'm not sure how old they are, I've never run across the 14s before. The tag on one of the gearboxes says model CLC 145C.

Also, does anyone know off the top of their head if the D1 spindle is a drop-in replacement for the threaded one?

If I want to post this stuff for sale should I do it on the "for sale" forum or is it ok to do here?

Here it is:
sb-cart-1-sm.jpgsb-cart-2.jpgsb-d1-headstock-sm.jpgsb-lead-screws-sm.jpg

3 gearboxes, 1 cross feed screw, 2 complete headstocks (one threaded and one D1 (-4 I think)), one headstock minus spindle (has back gear etc), a couple of micrometer stops (one repaired), a collet closer, a couple of hand wheels, some idler gears, a handful of back gear guards, two long and one shorter lead screws, and probably other assorted stuff. Not sure if the center rest fits the 13" SB.

All from lathes that were in use until they were replaced and scrapped. Unfortunately the guy that was tasked with scrapping them had already made his first trip to the scrap yard before we got there. That load was all the loose parts - chucks, tool posts, tailstocks, etc.

Anyone know if any of this stuff will fit any other SBs?

Once you get past the 9" and 10k there is no interchange between sizes.

If it came off 13" machines(and it certainly seem to have) then that's all it will fit...makes it easy.:)

Once you get past the 9" and 10k there is no interchange between sizes.

If it came off 13" machines(and it certainly seem to have) then that's all it will fit...makes it easy.:)

That will answer tons of questions for me in the future and answers what tom botcou needed to know. Thanks

I have 14.5 that i have been trying to find parts for let me know if you still have the parts. Thanks

If those carriage stops have 1200RT3 cast into the bodys they will fit the 13 and heavy 10 lathes. The clamp for the 10 is 1201R2 and the clamp for the 13 is 1201T2. If the frame/body is ok you can make a clamp out of steel.

Back