What's new
What's new

16" Southbend repaint

ZKB

Plastic
Hello,
This is my first post. I have been a lurker for years and finally joined. I recently sold my 9"model A and bought a 16" with a 6' bed anyway I have it tore down for new felts and painting and I have a few questions. First it's serial # is 9962HKX13 I think that makes it about a 1954 I know for sure the bed had been ground. Did they have hardened beds at that time? There were no shims under the carriage or gear box But there were shims under the head stock in 3 spots? Could they be factory? thanks for your help.:scratchchin:

I have another question foe somebody. Will Bondo stick to the black filler that South Bend used or should I bite the bullet and remove all of it?

Here are some pics. of it all back together minus the name plates. Got to wait until more funds become available IMG_20150411_095507_645.jpgIMG_20150411_095525_551.jpg I even got it moved to it's location and leveled. I and going to check it tomorrow to see if there has been any settling. Now if I could figure out the VFD settings I could do the 2 collar test.:cheers:

I just bit the bullet and removed all of it. wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Back