What's new
What's new

16" Spindle Thrust Bearing

Cmsmoke

Aluminum
I am in need of a spindle thrust bearing for a 1943 16". Does anyone have one they would part with or know of a source to get one or have a part number that could be crossed to something standard? I tried to contact SBLatheman, but his pm box is full and won't let any messages in 'till some are cleared out.
Thanks!

The ID is 2.005. OD 2.875 and is .625" thick. There are 2 races. One race is thicker than the other and a ball bearing cage between them.

I'm still looking for this bearing with grooved races. I can find the flat type used on the newer lathes, but they are not as reliable.

I like the way you think iwananew10k! I originally looked right past that number bearing. I found one for $10.63 cheaper. It is on its way. Thanks! Now I need to find someone with a surface grinder!

This method worked out very well and is a great alternative to the EW2 bearing used on newer machines. The W2 bearing has plenty of meat left below the groove after grinding .0625 from each race. The larger OD is not an issue.
Thanks again iwananew10K!

Back