What's new
What's new

Was a 4 1/2 9A available from the factory with a undermount table?

spooldup

Plastic
I have searched around and can only find 3 1/2 bed lathes with the table. If 4 1/2 setups were available with a table was it also possible to have them with a v-belt as well?

According to the catalog, the underneath drive 9" lathe came in two bed length. 3.5" or 4.5" beds. although I am sure they made a V-belt model, You had to use a link belt on it. V-belt models are rare, But not impossible to find. 4.5" bed 9" lathe Are also rare. And highly desirable. And Underneath V-belt model 9" lathe would be extremely rare. It may be Very difficult to find one in your area. You're more likely to find a 10K lathe Underneath V-belt drive.

Ok good info! Thank you. I was asking because my friends father left him a 9" undermount that he has no use for. He was unsure of the length until today. Turns out its a model A 3 1/2 v belt. The tooling was misplaced and he cannot find it. I have not seen any pictures yet but he said its in very good shape but only has a 4 jaw. What might this be worth with no tooling?

Guess I lucked out with mine, two of the three...V-belt, 4-1/2'...I do wish it were an underneath drive though :)

Back