What's new
What's new

5c Collet Spindle Nose Adapter on Ebay

IMO if you want 5C in the spindle they are worth it....its a one time buy and you will never wear a properly made one out...

I made one for my Shledon which also had a proprietary taper, for the time I had in it wish I just would have ponied up the cash for a new one from JFK had I known at the time.

IMO if you want 5C in the spindle they are worth it....its a one time buy and you will never wear a properly made one out...

I made one for my Shledon which also had a proprietary taper, for the time I had in it wish I just would have ponied up the cash for a new one from JFK had I known at the time.

The ebay listings I listed were on my saved items. The market price is usually pretty close on eBay. You just have to do your homework and know what the average cost is.
I will pay the price when I get to the point of needing it. It's not in my budget. I need a starter for my lift truck more importantly right now.

The market for used parts / accessories for older lathes etc. is starting to dry up.
New manufactured parts some time need tweeking etc.
If you need a part and are stuck on a job / project, you just
have to pay.

I spent 3 months trying to build a tool post grinder Yeh!
After I looked at what I was trying to do, used common sense
and said "Self, why are you going to jeopardize your lathe?"
Bit the bullet, purchased a tool post grinder on Ebay, and did the job in two hours.
So after the next 10 yrs of having a one time "I used a tool post grinder",
will put it back on Ebay and probably get my money back.

The prices asked usually can be negotiated, just be respectful
and put yourself in the sellers shoes.

Pghlost

Back