What's new
What's new

9 Jr Lathe milling attachment

chewdog62

Plastic
I am in the market for a milling attachment for my 9 jr. I am watching one on eBay, but $300.00 is more than I paid for the lathe. Are these that rare?

Is that the one for $325 Buy It Now, send him a message with what you will to pay.....the worse he can say is no.

True, I was considering doing that very thing. How often do these come available? I am quite inexperienced on lathe and accessories. I am a very patient person. Buy I don't want to miss a really rare item......

Item #121542548094.. is the one I am watching. Mounting problem? Why wont it work?

Yes, a mounting problem.
The compound on the Workshop 9" has a hub with a dovetail (like that milling attachment) that fits into a bore in the compound rest base and is locked down with the shoes pushed by set screws.
The compound on the 9"Jr fits into a small pilot hole and bolts into a circular Tee slot.
Ted

Speaking of parts that will fit a 9" Jr, will the Quick change/lever drawbar for a 9" lathe fit on a 9" Jr lathe? Will it need modifications or fit right on?

Thought I'd ask here instead of opening a new thread.

Chewdog62, I have a 1931 Cat#122XF 2 1/2' bed underneath motor drive 9" Jr lathe. There are a few of us Jr lathe owners on the site.

RF

Speaking of parts that will fit a 9" Jr, will the Quick change/lever drawbar for a 9" lathe fit on a 9" Jr lathe? Will it need modifications or fit right on?

Are you talking about a lever collet closer? If so, no, they won't fit, the spindle is a different length.

allan

The Globe Milling Attachment is a nice lathe attachment. Another is the Millerette Gear Cutting Attachment that has accessories that also make it a very stout milling attachment. I've got both the Globe and the Millerette. I'm still looking for some of the Globe accessories for work holding. I'd like to see someone make those castings, because they would be very worthwhile.

Back