What's new
What's new

9' Model C before and after photos

mjr6550

Aluminum
I am almost finished with a modest restoration of my lathe I bought a few months ago. I have had the motor running and I got past the wiring hurtle. The next step is to hook up the old leather belt and turn it on. And then its time to learn how to use the lathe. I appreciate the help I have got from the forum, both in answers to my questions and reviewing hundreds of posts from others. I found the rebuild book to be very helpful, along with the rebuild kit.
In case anybody is wondering about paint job, I originally planned on just cleaning it up and using it. After cleaning off the parts there was almost no paint left on some of them, and after seeing all the nicely restored lathes on this forum I decided I better try to keep up. I was going to go with basic grey, but when I looked through my paint supplies I had a new quart of black. I did not want an all black lathe, and I had some red. I'm happy with how it turned out, but I think the lathes look best in grey. Well, maybe a 9" Model A, or a Heavy 10...

P1061193 (1280x960).jpgP9030385 (920x690).jpg

Looks unusual with the color scheme you got, but it's all good. As long as it works. Nice job cleaning/restoring it.

By the way, it looks like the cross slide is on backwards. :)

Back