What's new
What's new

9" pulley sizes ?

rmd55

Plastic
I have a 1950 9A with the single pulley on the counter shaft. I want to convert to the 2 step pulley but the prices on ebay are not in my budget. can someone give me the dimensions for the pulleys?
thks
Richard

I got the measurements in the throat of the pulley not on the side walls.
Small pulley 2 3/4"
middle pulley 3 3/4
Large pulley 4 1/4. Had trouble on this one getting the caliper on right. Could be as much as 4 1/2

if you want to the top edge of the side walls let me know. Counter shaft pulley
My 9" south bend lathe is about 1958.

Follow Iwananew10k's lead. Solve all your problems.

thks for the information. maybe better described as the 2 step motor pulley and the large 2 step driven pulley on the counter shaft. this gives 12 speeds instead of 6 with a single pulley om the motor
thks
Richard

I found what i needed to calculate the pulley sizes. in case anyone is interested. bulletin 9-HE gives the speed for the 9" SB. The 6 speed is 41- 658 rpm and the 12 speed is 41 - 1270 rpm. With this information i get what i was looking for.
Richard

I found what i needed to calculate the pulley sizes. in case anyone is interested. bulletin 9-HE gives the speed for the 9" SB. The 6 speed is 41- 658 rpm and the 12 speed is 41 - 1270 rpm. With this information i get what i was looking for.
Richard

Richard
Did you find that bulletin 9-HE in publication reprints. I was curious and couldn't find it.

Mike

Richard

Wouldn't you need to know the motor pulley diameters, in order to calculate the diameters of the countershaft steps to deliver the desired rpm's?

I've got a 16 speed v-belt, don't know if the countershaft motor pulley is the same as the 12...

Back