What's new
What's new

9C half nuts

w9816

Plastic
So here is something that has me wondering, the upper half nut on my 1939 9C does not have the "oil trough" / channel on top to direct oil from the brass tube onto the lead screw. Any oil will just dribble straight down and do no good, really. I'll come up with a fix for this when re-assembling the apron but was just curious why it was made this way, as all other 9 series half nuts I've seen have the oil trough? First pic is my part, second is off the Internet.

halfnut2.jpg

halfnut1.jpg

Looks like a home made half nut.

What is the Finish equivalent for "Bubba"? That's and American slang term for someone who does low quality repair work.

CarlBoyd

What is the Finish equivalent for "Bubba"? That's and American slang term for someone who does low quality repair work.

CarlBoyd

Ehm, that would be an expression referring to our big neighbour in the East... :D Thanks for your reply.

Looks like the acme threaded part could possibly be original - cut off and welded to a home made carrier. If that's the case, I wonder what could have happened to the original piece?

Here's what the fix came to look like. Need to change the rubber hose for a new, though.

halfnuts.JPG

Back