What's new
What's new

Any ideas???

medic29

Aluminum
Hello. Several years ago I inherited the majority of the tools from my dad when he passed away. I have come across some items which were part of his tools, but I am not really sure what they are. I know they are bits, but I am not sure for which tool and I am hoping someone will recognize them and be able to give me some insight, such as what they are and maybe what machine they are to be used in.

View attachment 71709
I think these bits may belong to some sort of milling machine, but I'm not sure as I don't remember my dad every having any type of milling machine.

View attachment 71710View attachment 71711

The ends of the bits appear like they slide in and twist; the shank is about 1/2" in diameter.

Here is another bit with a different shank.

View attachment 71712View attachment 71713

I haven't seen shanks like that since the early eighties. Picture the shank as a positive lock, quick turn and release. The holder would have had a pin going through the side to drive the tool. With the extra radial notch on the shank to act as a keeper, so it couldn't drop out. If I remember correctly the shank info is in the machinery handbook. I could be wrong, but I think they were called eclipse shanks? The tooling is nothing special. Just a couple of old counter-bore's and a counter-sink.

Back