What's new
What's new

Anyone know a good place for parts besides ebay? need an apron

Roguehk

Plastic
I need the correct 9"A" for my southbend lathe model 615-A workshop lathe.

Who are the current parts dealers to contact? The links thread seems outdated.

IMO you should consider scrapping the conversion plan and use what you have until you find another lathe.

Your plan is fraught with potential issues...for instance your saddle may not be drilled to accept the geared cross feed screw required for the power cross feed, which means in addition to the apron you also need a saddle, which means it will have to be fitted to the bed....your bed will need the third hole drilled and countersunk for the gearbox...etc.

But if you are determined, contact Ted...he is the man for all things SB. :)

[email protected]

thank you :) oh I can most likely drill the cross feed screw hole can't I? I've got a vari speed bridgeport.

A 615 is an earlier lathe. Does it have a ridge along the bottom of the bed that will interfere with the worm on the power feed apron?

allan

thank you :) oh I can most likely drill the cross feed screw hole can't I? I've got a vari speed bridgeport.

You don't drill the crossfeed screw hole. You replace the crossfeed screw with one that has a gear on it. This allows the apron gears to drive it. The saddle needs to be replace because you have to have an opening so that the gears can connect to each other. Machining this opening may not work. There are no guarantees that the dimensions are the same for the two versions.

stay safe and have fun.

Joe.

Back