What's new
What's new

Can Anyone I.D. this Lathe?

azitizz

Plastic
Hi All. New to this forum. looks great. Up my Alley I believe. Im a welder/handyman and want to start pursuing some hobby machining and open up my metal working skills.

At a workplace Im currently doing construction, theres this old lathe thats probably going to get scrapped. I asked the owner if I could take it home for some minor work exchange. And he said I could.

One of the people who knows the history of the machine says it needs a bit of TLC but works. Im hoping to try and restore whatever may need restoring. First step though is finding out what model this is and what Im up against.

Theres a box of gears that will come with it and I get to keep the bench grinder and the bench that its bolted too.

Im sure Im going to need some help with building my experinece with what Ive always thought of a beautiful piece of machinery. But Im looking forward to it.
Any help in identifying it and perhaps what this Lathe is known to be good for etc...

Thanks alot.

Attachments

• IMG_5948.jpg
    IMG_5948.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 198
+1 Great first little lathe, tons or parts and accessories on the used market, not to mention tons of forums dedicated to South Bends. Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks alot all of you. The old south bend catalogue is still under the table too... I hoped it was a manual.

Glad to know I have some handy backup advice waiting on the forum here. It always impresses me with the forums how much information we cna share accross the globe.

Ill let you know how she comes home and back together.

Back