What's new
What's new

Is the carriage stop on this Heavy 10 a factory item?

hsracer201

Hot Rolled
I've yet to see a carriage stop exactly like the one in this photo before and didn't know if it was factory or cobbled up?

Just curious. Thanks.

sb10m.jpg

gFoaki2.png

I believe it is made by the user, or at least I have never seen one quite like that before. As long as it works.

Stay safe and have fun.

Joe.

looks like a multi-depth stop. The OE Southbend multistop looks more like a revolver with threaded rods sticking out of it. Either way it should work OK as long as its not sloppy to the point of not being repeatable.

Actually looks like a pretty cool design. Not sure how it would index but there's probably some
sort of ball plunger that goes into divots in the rotor.

Now all he needs is a self-ejecting chuck key. =)

It just spins in a circle with a positive click at each adjustment. It doesn't hit the flat area on the side of the carriage exactly, but it works.

The adaptor plate is a south bend part. If you ever get a SBL carriage stop it will work with that plate. Mostly used with spindle nose collets,to work close to the nose with a micrometer stop. I have them for my T (13")lathe and have used them. Both parts are RT numbers and work on both lathes.
The capstan stop may be from another manufacturer. I use a SBL stop on my 13" Regal. Works fine.

Back