What's new
What's new

Bellhousing decal

crazycuda

Plastic
Anyone have a good picture of the decals (for lack of better wording) that go on the motor door on a 14 1/2 or 16"

Anyone have a good picture of the decals (for lack of better wording) that go on the motor door on a 14 1/2 or 16"

My two 16's don't have tags, data plates or anything else on the base doors. As part of the cast, there is a large "South Bend" on the motor doors. There is usually a lube chart on spindle door, thread chart on quick change box, model tag on gear cover, south bend logo tag on bed. Maybe some others depending on year.

What year was yours manufactured ?

Approx 1941,
Met a guy today (sb group on fb)has a heavy Ten (2nd owner) has a sheet of paper kinda varnished to the inside of the door that is unreadable. Also saw a door for sale on flebay for a 13" unreadable but could see it was there so i'm assuming it was factory installed for at least a few years.

belt tensioning decal

Hello
I needed the same thing for my 13" restore project. I couldn't find one so I reconstructed one myself with cad and word processing.
It is a belt adjustment instruction. I think it is the same for the larger lathes as the pic represents a 3 cone pulley that is used on the 10" lathes.

Spill some coffee on it, laminate it and stick it on the inside of the door and it'll like an original in pristine condition:)

Hope this helps.

NEW BELT ADJUST STICKER.jpg

Back