What's new
What's new

Compare your lathe to tractor / RR engine

pghlost

Plastic
OK!
Now that you have your lathe, you need tooling.
DRO,ball turning tool, tool posts etc.
Now that you have your tractor, you need implements (tooling).
bush hog, back blade, back hoe.
So you get a RR engine for your train build, you need cars (tooling).
flat car, box car, coal car.

I guess all machinery is related!!!!!!!!!!:crazy:

pghlost

One thing begets another. Audio gear is the same. As are cars, you need tools and other things to go with them.

Oh NO!!

I have the tractor, backhoe, pallet forks and york rake. That's what I need.

The tractor led to a saw mill - since I had the machine to be able to move logs, and now need a shed for the tractor.

That led to the lathe - to build more tractor and mill attachments.

I didn't figure out yet that I need the RR engine.

Don't tell the wife, and keep me away from the Rough and Tumble Steam Show down near Lancaster.

Or you get a bobcat...

Worst of the bunch...

With quicktach and hydrolic connection they ate a host with wheels that beg for attachments...

Made fork lift attachment via "forklift pick a part" visit then log splitter and other things...never ends...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Or you get a bobcat...

Worst of the bunch...

Actually.. it is what sits between our EARS as is the "worst of the bunch", ain't it?

Man, the tool-making animal. Or at least tool-acquiring animal... with our insatiable curiosity and lust for ever-more interesting playtoys...

The less-often used, useful, or even usable, ever.... all the better. DAMHIKT

Much smaller scale but...Now that you have that reloading press you need toolheads, dies, shellplates, scale, bullet puller, case gauges, trimmer, powder dispenser, swager, comparator...it never ends. And, I haven't even begun casting my own bullets yet :rolleyes5:

Much smaller scale but...Now that you have that reloading press you need toolheads, dies, shellplates, scale, bullet puller, case gauges, trimmer, powder dispenser, swager, comparator...it never ends. And, I haven't even begun casting my own bullets yet :rolleyes5:

Reloading was a hobby I thought I would start doing to save a little money. If I keep at it long enough I might end up having paid less per round than buying premade, but I'm sure I will never end up "saving money". :o (especially if I put any value on my time)

Reloading was a hobby I thought I would start doing to save a little money. If I keep at it long enough I might end up having paid less per round than buying premade, but I'm sure I will never end up "saving money". :o (especially if I put any value on my time)

Dad reloaded. A lot. Under his guidance, I simply put-by a full set of the best dies available and several hundred of primed Norma brass for each "oddball that might someday soon become unpurchasable".. .300 Savage, which folk would rather NOT reload, and Mauser's 8 X 57 JR - the rim (Dreiling use) - being that oddball.

Can't packrat EVERYTHING. Not enough money. Besides, a person has to leave room enough in the stairwell to sleep standing UP at least.

:)

Metaltoyitis is a clean harmless disease. A little greasy.
It's much better than couchitis. A good understanding wife is a must. Work related toys are not always a money saver even if that was the intention. Personal satisfaction of using machinery is addicting and is where ideas for inventive thinking comes from.
Not all Hobbys or money making missions need to be justified. Life is short. I'm greatfull we live in a country that we can follow our will to do.
Some get high on drugs, I get mine making things and repairing machines.
The brain has to be used to maintain good function even if we are out of our mind.

I knew a man that gave everything a lot of thought and would not do anything unless it could be justified.
He sat in a recliners and lost funtion until he could no longer do anything even if he could justify it.

JUST DO IT !

We raised four boys and were sad when they were grown and on their own. Then came lots of grandkids. I'm the babysitter quite often. Life is good again.

Just last night my oldest daughter, who I have been nagging, announced that she has a due date in Sept. Much rejoicing in the household.

Cameras: lenses, filters, memory cards, computer, photoshop and editing software, printer, ink, paper. It goes on forever and can become incredibly expensive very easily.

Back