What's new
What's new

Damaged 10K

etard

Cast Iron
Damaged 10K / Scratch that... 9"

Ok, I can't resist a 10K, they don't pop up on CL that often and I find them aesthetically pleasing. I may have overpayed, but with SB prices where they are, you can't really lose. :nutter: I wanted a taper attachment and steady rest, now I have both... and 2 10K's. The lathe has fallen on it's nose and has a few broken bits, which if you have them on hand, let me know through PM or email [email protected]

From the pics you can see the chip tray is bent, the switch on the front is damaged the crossfeed and compound took a hit. The gearbox is a little loose on the headstock, and I couldn't get the compound to move until I backed off one of the gib screws. I did notice 2 differences between this and my other 10K; the headstock cover seems to be aluminum and the crossfeed dial is smaller like a 9" on this damaged lathe. Does that age the lathe? Also, it is on the cabinet without the 3 storage drawers.

Here is a list of what I need:

1. left hand gearbox lever
2. compound screw and handle
3. rear taper attachment mount and rod
4. crossfeed handle

Here are the pics, they speak for themselves, sorry if they load up slow on your dial up connection:

Last edited:
Yes it is a 9" and probably was a tool room model. Too bad is was damaged. But you should make some money on parting it out. The lead screw on a tool room is a precision lead screw and better than standard. You would have to confirm it is a tool room, there would be leading number 8 on the catalog number.

Ed S

Thanks for the responses, its good to know this a is a desireable lathe as far as 9" go. I plan on fixing the broken peices , unfortunately the previous owner passed on and I am dealing with his brother, so he doesn't know where to look for it. I suspect there may be some tooling left behind as well.

I am still looking for these parts by the way, if anybody has some collecting dust, I would be glad to buy whatever I need.

Back