What's new
What's new

My 1961 10k restoration in the works

100_0833.jpg100_0838.jpg100_0832.jpg100_0839.jpg100_5100.jpg Next will be the apron then the head stock will take my time on them little nervous about taking them apart not sure how to tackle the headstock yet but will look through treads to find info thanks Mark

Mark - sent you a PM on possibly buying some extra "South Bend" paint. I just bought a gallon today and won't be needing the whole gallon. Will most likely have two extra quarts left over (all in brand new quart cans).

Awesome

Must be "Bring a 10k Back To Life Month". I just started my rework of a 1964 cabinet model.

Josh Bowman is right, get the manual and rebuild kit. The book is great and shows in excellent detail how to get stuff apart and back together. And the kit comes with all the replacement bits and pieces you'll need.

You're making much more progress than I am. I've got my apron apart and almost cleaned up. The half nuts are blown, so no real rush to get it back together. I'm going to finish the cleaning and paint this weekend. I'll probably send the half nuts off to jayhawkman for a rework, but I'm making a quick check to see if anyone's holdin' before I do that.

Good luck with it!

Back