What's new
What's new

Found a south bend lathe

Trizila

Plastic
New guy here.
Looks like a great place.

I bought a storage unit at a auction in the back of it was a south bend lathe.
The lathe is in several peices, looks like it was in the middle of a restoration.
What i would like to know is where to find information for this lathe.
I would like to get parts for it and where to find.
I called South bend but they were really no help.
What I do know is cross feed is missing parts.

On the bed it says South Bend 10 inch.
I think it has 4 feet bed length.
Quick Change Gearbox
Underneath Motor Drive

S/N: 11002RKT13

Thanks in advance

Thanks guys. No Turret, would hav been nice. Actually the lathe looks in good shape. If I could post pictures I would show to you.

Thanks guys. No Turret, would hav been nice. Actually the lathe looks in good shape. If I could post pictures I would show to you.

Do you have a smart phone? If so I can send you my phone number, you can text them to me, and I'll post them for you.

Did you know the lathe was in the storage unit at the time of the sale.? if not I bet it was a good surprise.....

Sorry, I shall now have to hate you. :)

You'll hate him even more because it's got a taper attachment, large dials, cam style clutch, etc.

gJCBM7L.jpg

B7NaOWP.jpg

kM32QH5.jpg

fAGl6dP.jpg

azUuVTG.jpg

Yy28NXK.jpg

mvEhfeX.jpg

5SoL5ht.jpg

MLUe23F.jpg

You'll hate him even more because it's got a taper attachment, large dials, cam style clutch, etc.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

I think the bed is flame hardened too! The lathe is in good shape.
It is just missing a few parts just little things.
This will be a good project.

I didn't have a chance last night to get out to the shop but I think I have a dial and handle for you. I do not have the key for it or the semi special nut but if you're handy you can probably make something do.

You need to order a felt kit from Steve. I see some that are missing and the rest should be replaced just because.

Just make it easy on yourself and get this:

South Bend Lathe Model 1L ● Full Rebuild Package ● Manual, Felt, Oil, Grease! | eBay

I didn't have a chance last night to get out to the shop but I think I have a dial and handle for you. I do not have the key for it or the semi special nut but if you're handy you can probably make something do.

You need to order a felt kit from Steve.]

The felt kit is on my wish list on eBay. lol

Thanks again, Let me know if you have the dial and handle.

I plan to do a complete rebuild, it's all apart now and the best time to do it.
I was able to get the chuck off last night. I thought that was going to be a big problem.

I got the south bend serial card.
What is it telling me. The serial on the bed is 11002RKT13.
The serial card 11002RKT16 did they just add more to the lathe.

Back