What's new
What's new

FS 1928 13" Overhead Chain Drive

Leigh B

Cast Iron
I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm selling my 1928 SB Overhead Chain Drive lathe. I'm gonna be sad to see her go but I bought another lathe and my shops getting crowded already. It's missing a few teeth on the back gear and bull gear but other than that she works just fine. I do use it a lot. It's in Estelline South Dakota, which is along I29 in the east. I'm going to post it on Craigslist for $1600, and here for $1250. I can load it. I'm feeling kinda sad already.
You can see all the tooling in the background that goes with her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,068
No, it's a 13" swing with a 6 ft bed. Overall length is about 7ft. I measure about 42-44" between centers. I bought it a few years ago from another pm'er. He started the rebuild and repaint but lost interest. I bought it in pieces and had to reassemble. I had the motor converted to 110 and a new drum switch done by the local motor shop. It works great, although I don't use back gear, but I see gears listed on eBay quite often.

The "Catalog" number is 386-C, serial number is 39528. I can assure you that is a 13" swing. But I misspoke it is 220 volts not 110 but the motor is dual voltage and can be switch to 110. it is also single phase. So it does not need a phase converter to run. It also has a taper attachment.

Back