What's new
What's new

FS South Bend Shaper

jpeach1

Aluminum
Letting go of my South Bend Shaper I restored last fall. Restoration consisted of complete disassembly, stripping, cleaning, industrial primer & paint (correct south bend paint codes) adjustment and lubricating of all assemblies. The only grinding occurred in truing up the original south bend vise which was really done for cosmetic purposes. The ways, table & compound screws and nuts, knee worm, and stroke gearing showed little to no wear and were left alone other than cleaning and lubricating. The internal oil pump works flawlessly and is adjusted to provide the requisite shot of oil on each stroke to all four points.
Included are two shaper tool holders, the south bend vise, south bend three drawer cabinet, the original mini electric plug and socket under the switch box for an optional work light (very hard to find).
I also purchased a set of parts from a part out that I ended up not using including a ram gib, compound gib, table nut, clapper assembly, and various other small parts and pieces. These are also included.
$1600 OBO. I hate to sell it, because I doubt I’ll ever find one in such good condition from the mechanical, wear, and cosmetic perspective. It cuts steel effortlessly. I don’t use it and the enjoyment for me was happening across one in such good mechanical condition and restoring it. I would like to pass it along to someone who will appreciate it. Feel free to email me at [email protected]. You can PM me, but I only check my box every couple of days. Any questions please ask. I am located in north Maryland and the shaper needs to be picked up here.

Attachments

• DSCN1935.jpg
    DSCN1935.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 447
  • DSCN1936.jpg
    DSCN1936.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCN1938.jpg
    DSCN1938.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 726
  • DSCN1937.jpg
    DSCN1937.jpg