What's new
What's new

FS Southbend 9" Project (Milwaukee)

M.Baldwin

Plastic
Hi, all. I started work on a 9" some time ago, but due to time and other responsibilities, I doubt I will ever have time to finish it. It is currently disassembled. Parts have been cleaned. The bed, headstock, and tailstock have been repainted. Some of the smaller parts have been repainted as well. I have refurbished half nuts, and new cross-feed and compound nuts.

Lube, and the casting for a t-slot cross slide are included. Plus any other extras that I have.

The drive motor was shot when I got it. The drive assembly is an old shop made contraption. The spindle is driven by a triple V belt. It was equipped with a Jacobs chuck on the head stock, so no 3 jaw is included (unless I can dig out a spare). Machine is not quick change.

I would like to get $300 for the lot. That's less than what I've paid for the nuts, lubes, and slide casting.

I would like to arrange a local pickup in the Milwaukee area for anyone that is interested, as this would be a PITA to ship. I will include the legs for $100 extra. I can add plenty of more pics if need be.

Message me if interested, thanks!!

Mark

Attachments

• IMAG1894.jpg
    IMAG1894.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMAG1898.jpg
    IMAG1898.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMAG1899.jpg
    IMAG1899.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 97