What's new
What's new

Genuine South Bend Firewood - only $20.38!

Laugh all you want, it's the people that frequent this forum that are the very reason prices on anything South Bend go up...the more you run around foaming at the mouth over South Bend, the more the prices are going up. So feel free to laugh all you want...

My criterion is can I use it.Going out on a limb a bit,I could store my no-name 6" 4jaw chuck in that box,and have a giggle every time I got it out.The crate however defies my imagination.

Seems they also come in cardboard too Enjoy :)
South Bend Lathe Box | eBay

Someone actually bought this and payed $15.50 for it, an empty cardboard box. I can only surmise that they have a South Bend chuck to sell and they think that having the box will actually add at least that much to it's value. Unbelievable that someone would buy it just to have it. It's looking like the "Tulip Craze" all over again.

I have a follow rest for my workshop lathe that was sold to me by Plaza Machinery as "new in the box"The cosmoline was still on the thing and I had to wash it in solvent to get the jaws loose before I could use it.It still lives in that oily brown box.

Back