What's new
What's new

Gits oiler on 10L apron

ronlyke

Cast Iron
Does anyone know if this oiler is threaded, or a press fit? the spring is broken, and the lid stays open, collecting chips if I don't stick something in the hole. I assume I'll destroy it when I remove it, so I'd like to know what it is so I can order a new one.

ThanksGits oiler.jpg

Pressed in.

I seem to recall this is the one that has a somewhat long extension inside to get the oil to a particular location.
You may need to solder an extension on the one you purchase, not sure if the correct one is commercially
available.

Jim is correct.
Not standard.
Easy way is to just Dremel off the end and install a new standard one(solder,loctite) or make a fancy brass plug.

You can do it without pulling anything...in-situ

If you pull it you will have to take the saddle off too so you can make sure the end is in the right spot to drip oil where it needs to...wouldn't want to leave that to chance...I would want to SEE it was right.

Sorry for the confusion folks, the last time I had that particular oiler out, it was from the apron of
a heavy 9 - and in that machine it is the long one , I believe.

We just did same one on our 14.5 yesterday. ..

Ours did not extend in as it fills a tray that has felts deliver the oil.

We had a box full of assorted sizes from an estate sale and one had a 90 degree sideways lid with a smaller size at the end but shoulder was perfect smack in fit.

Look up industrial supplies in your area and a local dealer may have stock so you can take yours and get something that fits.

New one is closer to machine so less likely to hang up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Back