What's new
What's new

Heavy 10 restoration and troubles.

putnam

Plastic
Hi I posted a few weeks ago about my new south bend, since then I have been working on it, after a lot of cleaning etc I got to the point to start cutting, but... I just realize that the tailstock that came with my lathe does not belong to it , it is about 5/16 above center, however when I picked up the lathe there was a few parts that I got with it , one of the is the body of a tailstock , and I say the body because as you all will see, it is empty, but I believe this one might be the one for my lathe. I am going to post picts so may be some one can tell me, *(may be Mr jkull who actually did such a nice job with my threading chart). If there is any solution to my problem , please let me know may be some one want a trade on parts if I am lucky , if not I will be in hands of Grizly ... .IMG_2499[1].jpgIMG_2522[1].jpg the painted one is the one I thought was for the heavy 10 , but no way it is to high the other I recovery from my tools and it has not base, but the other base matched to it. well I hope some one is able to help me again.

hi thanks , the base fits but still I will need the spindle and all the other parts , like the handwheel etc and with out them i do not know if it is going to be possible to check the centers, but thanks I will try\

the unpainted has no base but the other base fits it , but I could not see if the high will match cause the unpainted has not spindle beside the other parts missing

That tailstock looks to be from a model 922 or similar 11" Logan lathe. I had one a few years back. You could probably sell the Logan tailstock on eBay and find a nice SB tailstock and sell the body you have there and end up money ahead in the end. Just a little juggling around.

Back