What's new
What's new

High School Help

jdfastlane03

Plastic
To whom it may concern

Hi my name is Jesse Dias I am a student at Dighton-Rehoboth High School located in Massachusetts about 15 minutes away from Providence RI. My reason for sending you this email is that we have a south bend fourteen lathe that is in need of help. It seems that the electric variable speed motor and shaft that the belt rest's on has taken a turn for the worse. The model number on the tail stock is T102TT and on the ways it is 0010-TT. It seems that the shaft which the belt rest's on the bottom of the machine connected to the motor over ran the electric stop and stripped the gears out of the shaft. Then the speed control motor on the front of the machine ground both gears completely off. So we took the whole motor and the small speed control motor out of the machine in an attempt to repair the machine. We wanted just to fix the stops and replace the gears when we noticed the shaft was also stripped. So we tried to get the shaft out of the motor but it seems to be stuck in by something that we can't see or didn't know had to come apart to take the shaft out. Our main reason for this letter is to ask you for any donations of parts and advice on how to repair this machine so our machine shop can be back up and running 100%. We have an extremely tight budget so any and all donations will be greatly appreciated. You can email myself Jesse Dias at [email protected]
Thank you very much for your time.

Back