What's new
What's new

I have a 13" 1939 model SouthBend Lathe.

J Brown

Plastic
Hello fellow readers.
I have a 1939 year 13" South Bend metal working lathe. It's a model 5K73DC355A, catalog 8113B, MFG# N140E, Serial # 89,277 with underneath drive. When I was a much younger man this is the machine I learned to love machine work on at a technical trade school. So when I got the opportunity to have it, I did not hesitate. Its taken months of cleaning a fixing everything I touched. It's coming along very nicely now and I am enjoying having it in my garage.
I am in need of a few parts to complete the collet tooling, etc.. The threaded spindle is 1.875" dia. with 8TPI. I have size 4NS collets and draw bar to match. What I am looking for is part numbers PT995T1 Knock Out Nut, PT3201-2 Spanner Wrench, AS795RT1 Collet Sleeve. The sleeve's large OD appears to be 1.250". Also I am looking for a face plate to fit the 1 7/8" Dia. 8 TPI spindle threads and a good condition 4 jaw chuck to fit the same. Thanks J B

The 4NS will work on the T lathe,but it has different dimensions than the 2A. The SBL parts are made for the 2A,I believe.

Back