What's new
What's new

New 10k.......

Archer292

Plastic
I have been restoring a 1953 9a (or there about) for a few weeks now and was checking on ebay for some parts when I came accross a listing from a local trade school. It was for a South Bend lathe and listed a catalog number (Cl-370-Z) with a picture. It was listed as not running and for parts. Looked like a 10k and I didn't notice the tail stock was missing when I bid. I figured I could use the large dials at the very least and would part it out if need be. I called to arrange payment and pickup and the woman on the phone told me th lathe was running fine when it was taken out of the classroom and she thought I would be happy with the purchase.Well I picked it up today and the tail stock was missing but the the lathe turns out to be a 1976, in fantastic shape with an Aloris quick change tool holder set, two steady rests, 3 jaw chuck, bunch of dogs, face plates, and some other stuff. Just no tail stock. I had to cut the belt as I had no idea how to remove it and was pressed for time at the pickup. I couldn't handle the lathe and cabinet together so I had to seperate them.
I will finish the 9A and then start cleaning up the 10. Can I wire the 10 for 110v? It is wired for 220 now but the plate on the cabinet says 110. The wiring is running through a box mounted to the back of the cabinet that is about 12x12 and 5 inches thick.

More Info needed

Hi Archer,

I'm sure the lathe will be just great. However in order to answer this question, the motor maker and model will be needed. Actually the answer to your question should be found on a plate on the motor.

gp

Back