What's new
What's new

I'm Back - With Questions About Some Members

Dale_G

Aluminum
Greetings all,
After a couple years of dormancy and life's distractions, my interest in my machines was recently re-energized. I want to do some projects that have been sitting around un-started or un-finished. Among these is an MLA S-4382 T-slotted cross slide for my SB 405-Y lathe, as well as the MLA-23 toolpost. Paula did some excellent threads on these a while back, but the links to the photos are all broken, and I never had the foresight to save the images on my computer.

I tried a PM to Paula, but her inbox is full, so there is no way to contact her. Do any members here know her personally or have an e-mail address they might share, or could you let her know I'm trying to get in touch?

Does Dennis Turk still post here? He was a deep well of great information!

Other people have posted about Paula's contact info. All prior threads said she left no way to be contacted.

Since the subject has been brought up, does anyone know if there was a particular incident that led to her leaving or did she tire of the incessant bickering? She was before my time but I really enjoy her posts.

Other people have posted about Paula's contact info. All prior threads said she left no way to be contacted.

Since the subject has been brought up, does anyone know if there was a particular incident that led to her leaving or did she tire of the incessant bickering? She was before my time but I really enjoy her posts.
I can remember a time when there were episodes of bickering, and IIRC, some were critical of her - but she didn't participate and IMO was a moderating force and a person who I admire and respect.

I had not logged in here for several years until recently, and obviously need to get back up to speed on who's who and what's going on.

I suppose a search of her posts may reveal something, and I may do that, but don't have the time to spare right now. She handled any bickering with class and fairness, IMO. I don't think she was the type of person who would allow that to drive her away. I think that life's changes and changing interests may be at play, but that's just a guess.

Back