What's new
What's new

Impressed With Aloris

no1boatguy

Plastic
Hi Everyone

Thought I would share my recent experience with Aloris tool Co. I bought a used Aloris CA tool post off Ebay some time ago. It was the newer style with the laser etched logo. I also bought a used aloris CA2 holder at the same time. I got the tool post and holder and all was well until I bought a couple more Aloris tool holders and they wouldn't fit on the dovetails of the tool post. I was not sure what was causing this issue so I called Aloris to relay my problem. John at Aloris told me to put the tool post and the holders in a box and ship it back to them and they would fix the problem. I asked how much it would cost and John stated there would be no charge and gave me their UPS account # to ship the whole works back to Aloris on their nickle. I shipped evrything back box was heavy and a week later it was all shipped back to me with evrything was fixed and working like it should and did not cost me a dime. So anyone who is considering purchasing Phase 2 or some other brand consider the excellent support Aloris provides long after the sale. Just wanted to relay my experience with Aloris

Well, considering what one of those things costs, you should be impressed with them. But for home shop use, you could buy 2 or 3 Phase II posts for what an Aloris post will cost you. It would be worth it for commercial production use but I really question whether the cost of one of them would pay off for the "amateur" machinist. Well, OK, they do use better set screws than the Phase II systems use but is that worth $400?

He mentioned he purchased a used Aloris on Ebay (Probably the same price as a new Phase II). That's awesome customer service and pride in their product. I like Aloris!

Well, considering what one of those things costs, you should be impressed with them. But for home shop use, you could buy 2 or 3 Phase II posts for what an Aloris post will cost you. It would be worth it for commercial production use but I really question whether the cost of one of them would pay off for the "amateur" machinist. Well, OK, they do use better set screws than the Phase II systems use but is that worth $400?
Same guy just spent a grand to remove ~0.010" TIR from a chuck by replacing it with a Buck on an old SB16.

Clearly, economics are not a driving factor. :wrong:

That is impressive service on a second hand tool.
There may be underlying motives for the direction he is headed with his purchases.

Accuracy. Move to better lathe. Make the best of what he has.

I’ve had excellent customer service from them as well!

I bought a CXA 5C Collet holder from MSC, the wrong nut to tighten the collet was in the package? I called Aloris to see what the cost of the nut was, (it had been a year after purchasing from MSC), after speaking with the representative on the phone, he said he would ship one out to replace the wrong one free of charge!

I asked if they wanted me to return the wrong one first, he said no just keep it!

I like a company that will stand behind their product!

I have bought several Aloris holders since then and will continue to do so!

Kevin

Hey Cole I did not spend a grand on a chuck to remove 0.010" TIR . I wanted a 10" adjust tru Buck 2103R chuck for my SB16 and I paid 750 for it. I was put on the spot a bit for not spending over a grand on a new chuck. Whats the problem?
As for the Aloris tool post...I was just sharing my experience with Aloris the company. If you really want to know I paid 175 for a late style Aloris Ca tool post on Ebay. I Had a problem with some of the holders being to tight that was probably why I got the tool post for the price I did. Aloris did not ask for proof of purchase did not care about a receipt as long as it was their brand they encouraged me to send it to them for repairs. They paid shipping both ways. am not putting down Phase 2 or other Chi com brands. Just am very glad I have an Aloris on my "SB16"Aloris.jpg

Hey Cole I did not spend a grand on a chuck to remove 0.010" TIR . I wanted a 10" adjust tru Buck 2103R chuck for my SB16 and I paid 750 for it. I was put on the spot a bit for not spending over a grand on a new chuck. Whats the problem?
As for the Aloris tool post...I was just sharing my experience with Aloris the company. If you really want to know I paid 175 for a late style Aloris Ca tool post on Ebay. I Had a problem with some of the holders being to tight that was probably why I got the tool post for the price I did. Aloris did not ask for proof of purchase did not care about a receipt as long as it was their brand they encouraged me to send it to them for repairs. They paid shipping both ways. am not putting down Phase 2 or other Chi com brands. Just am very glad I have an Aloris on my "SB16"View attachment 223164
There is no problem, it's just an observation.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Well that's good to hear. Customer Service seems to be a thing of the past. I have looked at many Aloris items on E-Bay. They are a bit pricey. I always felt, if it is important and you want it, buy it. It's only money, you can always make more:)

Well that's good to hear. Customer Service seems to be a thing of the past. I have looked at many Aloris items on E-Bay. They are a bit pricey. I always felt, if it is important and you want it, buy it. It's only money, you can always make more:)

Buy once, cry once. Resale value also comes into play here. Any used tools with the Aloris name on them bring much more money than tools with a Phase II name on it.

There is a simple little feature on Aloris tool holders that I think makes them the best. They use a keyed washer between the two jamb nuts. No one else does this even dorian, at least none that I have seen. With all the brands you tighten the hex nut and both nuts turn making it hard to lock the height adjust in place where you want it. With the Aloris tool holders and that keyed washer you tighten the top nut and the bottom one does not turn. Nice quality too!

I agree it is Worth it to get quality brands that stand up and support their products, for sure. Just a quick side question, has anyone come across counterfeit Aloris goods? I have some tool holders that seem a bit off.

460299D4-90C8-4458-97E6-538A93A57D48.jpg 22E5987D-C07B-49DA-A895-92C3DDEEFF73.jpg

Back