What's new
What's new

Knurling wheels for ace tool holder?

azitizz

Plastic
Im wondering if anyone can suggest somewhere, if anywhere that you can pick up a pair of knurling wheels that would replace teh ones in teh tool holder that came with my Southbend 9.

I see lots of brands of new ones that may or may not fit (I havent compared sizes yet) but looking for the most budget friendly way to put this tool into use, unless the cost is comparitive to buying the whole set. (would be nice to have the option of different size knurls)

Preferrably somewhere in Canada, as many plces in teh US dont ship here or if they do it can often rack up the price quite abit.

Thanks for any advice.

IMG_7078.jpgIMG_7077.jpg

Well, I'm thinking I should just get a new tool/holder.

Any suggestions for a beginner machinist? Not ready to spend much more than $50 or so, but I do need a knurling tool, and would like to have some choices of knurl size.

Just need to make sure it fits the tool holder I have. And if theres somewhere that ships to Canada hassle free or within even better...

Theres a repair job I would likt to do on an oat roller I made to hook up to my champion juicer. been working good but teh knurls are too worn.

I fabriated it at a nice shop with all the tools one can want, but no longer have access to that, so I'm on my own with the old Southbend 9. got to give it a bit of TLC yet.

Just bumping to see if anyone may have some pointers on where a god place to buy a couple of new knurling wheels for this holder. I am trying to spend minimal amount so I figure replace the wheels only, but there seems to be such a jumble of options when doing a search. sizing also is a little tricky.
Thanks if you have any advice.

I hope to put on a quick change tool post at some point on my Southbend, but that will have to wait. I will be getting new tools at that point but woudl liek to try a little knurling job in the meantime with what I have.

I can only suggest KBC, they have both loose knurls and knurling tools and they are in Canada...I have no idea if any of it is good.

I can only suggest KBC, they have both loose knurls and knurling tools and they are in Canada...I have no idea if any of it is good.

Thats a great start. I had never heard about them. they seem to have a large selection anyway. Its worth a try.

Ill post any review I may have of whatever I get, if they have it.

Thanks!

Azitizz, Looked through my junk,I've got two sets of 5/8"nominal diameter l/r knurls,That won't fit my knurling tools, one sets marked Armstrong,5/8"x .310 x .218 bore. The other sets 5/8" x
.308" x .250 bore.14 tp,marked England. PM me your address, And I'll get them out to you for a belated Christmas gift. Dave [acme thread]

Back