What's new
What's new

LeBlond collet adapter and South Bend Lathe

Pysiek

Aluminum
I found this by our LeBlond lathe at work. No one uses this lathe so I asked my boss if I can have this kit. He said yes I just need to pay as for metal scrap. So my question is can I use it on my SBL #CL0117C ? I'm still at work so don't know if it will fit. Just want to ask in advance before I buy the kit from him.
20170315_100153.jpg20170315_100202.jpg20170315_100209.jpg

If that is actually Leblond you would be FAR better off to sell it to a Leblond owner and buy the right one for your SB.....the taper for the collet adapter would certainly be different anyway, and I'm sure the drawtube length would be too as well as the spindle thread.

scrap price??? What is that about 5 bucks?? Buy it regardless.

If that is actually Leblond you would be FAR better off to sell it to a Leblond owner and buy the right one for your SB.....the taper for the collet adapter would certainly be different anyway, and I'm sure the drawtube length would be too as well as the spindle thread.
Can we sell on this forum? I just got an email from LeBlond that the lathe it was used on is model # B8660 LeBlond Regal 13" x 42" shipped on March 17, 1945

See if you can buy the whole lathe for scrap price.:)
Haha. Would love that. Might ask him one day. But here is the catch. I did not told him this is a set. I told him these are just random pieces laying around and I might use them on my lathe. He just don't know this is a collet adapter set. If I ask about lathe I'm pretty sure he will know what it is used for ;)

That right there answers your opening question, and that answer is NO

One of the reasons is that the LeBlond will have 5 TPI spindle nose threads and your SB does not - even if they were the same diameter

the lathe it was used on is model # B8660 LeBlond Regal 13" x 42" shipped on March 17, 1945

that's a little shaky..I would suggest being more up front with your boss and making a play on the Leblond with its accessories if they are not using it.

He will probably appreciate the honesty and give you a great deal.

But that's just me.

that's a little shaky..I would suggest being more up front with your boss and making a play on the Leblond with its accessories if they are not using it.

He will probably appreciate the honesty and give you a great deal.

But that's just me.
Eventually I will. Just afraid if he knows what it is used for then he will not sell it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If my employee was being shady and taking advantage of my kindness (many people see kindness and assume it is weakness) I would exercise my right as to NC being a right to work/ employment at will state. In other words NC would allow me to fire you for no reason..........

If my employee was being shady and taking advantage of my kindness (many people see kindness and assume it is weakness) I would exercise my right as to NC being a right to work/ employment at will state. In other words NC would allow me to fire you for no reason..........
How do you know my boss is kind to me? If he don't know what the stuff is , he should ask other employee in charge to explain them to him.

There you go, same attitude as nigerian scammer. If they are dumb enough to send me money they are to blame.

If you dont know the difference between a good deal and knowingly taking advantage of someone......

I'd put them back with the LeBlond, cause I would almost certainly need them at work later, and they would not be there. I would also sleep better at night for not being a thief.

allan

He will probably eventually throw those stuff away like he always does. That lathe been there for 15 years in a corner. No one ever use it. They already throw away a lot of stuff that they thought it was scrap.

Haha. Would love that. Might ask him one day. But here is the catch. I did not told him this is a set. I told him these are just random pieces laying around and I might use them on my lathe. He just don't know this is a collet adapter set. If I ask about lathe I'm pretty sure he will know what it is used for ;)

Eventually I will. Just afraid if he knows what it is used for then he will not sell it.

How do you know my boss is kind to me? If he don't know what the stuff is , he should ask other employee in charge to explain them to him.

Wouldn't surprise me if you were posting this on your cell phone while you were supposed to be working.

You sound like a real loser. :nopity:

Wouldn't surprise me if you were posting this on your cell phone while you were supposed to be working.

You sound like a real loser. :nopity:

Actually I'm posting this while at work.Working my ass off filling 3 positions that 3 people used to do. But my lovely boss want to make more money so he laid them off and put all the work on my hands. So I believe from time to time I need a short brake and find some good and positive info from people with knowledge. So if you looking for some internet drama then maybe you should post in different thread.
All the stuff I find in this factory is been laying under 3" of dust and oil. They do cleanups once in a while and just throw away stuff they don't use. And they don't care what it is used for. If it's not used and it's a small part then garbage, simple as that. I bet you a perfect honest guy like you sound. I bet if you go to auction and win an item for 1/5 the price is worth , you approach the guy and tell him "hey this is worth more here you go, instead of $500 for the lathe here is $2500.

Have to agree about making an offer on the whole machine. If it sat this long without being used, it may be allowed to leave for short money, and a LeBlond is a whole lot more machine than a South Bend if its operational. Send the South Bend down the road and start yourself off with a serious machine.

I'm going to guess you aren't working in a machine shop, otherwise he'd know what those parts are for. Since thats the case, and if this machine has been sitting unused as long as you say he may be glad to get the floor space back. Ask, the worst he can say is no.

Have to agree about making an offer on the whole machine. If it sat this long without being used, it may be allowed to leave for short money, and a LeBlond is a whole lot more machine than a South Bend if its operational. Send the South Bend down the road and start yourself off with a serious machine.

I'm going to guess you aren't working in a machine shop, otherwise he'd know what those parts are for. Since thats the case, and if this machine has been sitting unused as long as you say he may be glad to get the floor space back. Ask, the worst he can say is no.
We are in the railroad industry. That lathe sits on a second floor in what is used to be "model shop". They don't do it no more. Now they use CNC machines to do all the work. I will ask him later on. Now I spent the money on South Bend lathe so have to wait little bit before my wife approves another purchase ;) .

Back