Close
Login to Your Account

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Metalo View Post
    Just cruising around fleepay and I saw a ball turning attachment remarkably similar to the OP's design. I hope some compensation was involved.
    Someone is selling the plans on ebay for the ball turner i built and have been giving away for FREE for the last 4 or 5 years. Anyone wants them just ask or go here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbend10k/ I even have more close up pics that he dosen't have...Bob
    Bob Wright Metal Master Fab
    Salem, Ohio Birthplace of the Silver and Deming Drill, all others are copies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I actually had a back and forth email thing with the guy who was selling my plans. Don't get me wrong, If he can make a dime off of them I guess it's OK since they were essentially given away freely (by me) years ago when I decided to post them for all to see on the web. But it is just as OK for me to post the link next to his "for sale" post to the site where they can be gotten for free.

3. Likes Sachmanram, texbuck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Holescreek View Post
    I actually had a back and forth email thing with the guy who was selling my plans. Don't get me wrong, If he can make a dime off of them I guess it's OK since they were essentially given away freely (by me) years ago when I decided to post them for all to see on the web. But it is just as OK for me to post the link next to his "for sale" post to the site where they can be gotten for free.
    Why not just contact e-bay or the other site and ask that the sale add be removed because you are the owner.

My wife has written a number of articles online, in books, magazines and other media. She came across an article that she had written, published on a web page, without her permission. The individual that had copied it, including an extra space she had accidentally inserted in the formatting. Further searching on this national news company’s web site, she found a number of her other works. Yes!, copied by the same person, who had claimed them as their own. She called the company and let them know they were her writings. They were all removed from their web site within minutes.

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This guy had the nads to say he deserved to sell them because he had so much time in redrawing them. I guess the "holescreek" name across the bottom of the PDF file made him do some work. Like I said, if he can make money selling to the one person that was too lazy to google "ball turner" let him. Just for s&g's I just googled and the plans on Lepton's site was hit #1. There is no reason to get upset over trivial things like this. Having fun machining stuff is what it's about for me. Happy new year everyone! -Mike

6. Likes SUPERPOT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's one of the nicest pieces I've seen.

Great job!

I'd pay for those drawings.

PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is a relatively old thread that pops up every now and again. Before you send me a PM asking for the prints, read through the thread and you will see a link to the free plans on the web. If you just don't feel like reading the pages before this one, google "holescreek ball turner" and you will luck right into them. I don't make or sell these items, that's why the prints are free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

See post #86 for the link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Holescreek View Post
    This is a relatively old thread that pops up every now and again. Before you send me a PM asking for the prints, read through the thread and you will see a link to the free plans on the web. If you just don't feel like reading the pages before this one, google "holescreek ball turner" and you will luck right into them. I don't make or sell these items, that's why the prints are free.
    Mike, very nice work. I have downloaded the plans and pictures.
    Thanks for sharing, and thanks to whomever is host the prints
    and pictures!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There's other ways to make ball turners that are simple:

I think that's one of the first photos I put in the drop box, 1998.

Here's some of the recent work done with that same item:

Really the gizmo is just a boring head with an 'over-the-top' turning tool
    doing the cutting. Cheap but effective, for certain limited applications

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just an update, I got tired of taking the compound on and off to use the turner and finally just made an adapter for it. I've used it n a couple different lathes over the years, right now it's on a Cincinnati Traytop.

The only thing I use the turner for these days are bolt knobs for rifles so it made sense to adapt it for easy use.

I still plan on eventually making one like Jim shows above if I can ever find a cheap boring head.