What's new
What's new

Long bed Southbend

Bought it.. Now how to get it moved... Hmmm

Congrats.

I don't think moving this would be too bad, it's a Southbend not an American Pacemaker and 19' from end to end isn't all that huge.

Rollback would be my first choice.

How much this thing weigh? 5000lbs? Got access to a forklift?

Congrats.

I don't think moving this would be too bad, it's a Southbend not an American Pacemaker and 19' from end to end isn't all that huge.

S.C. to Chicago, That would be a hell of a tow bill for a roll back!

Congtats on getting that. Here is photo from the CL add:00m0m_iL1LjjUQtPv_600x450-2.jpg
South Bend Lathe, very good condition. Used very little in its life. Lathe is 19 foot end to end. Good for special jobs. Loaded on your truck or trailer, $3,000.00 cash.

I didn't see it listed, what's the swing on it

It is a 16. Made in 1978. We will see what the serial card has to say. It came from a textile mill. Interesting, as I once looked at a 14 foot bed 16, also from a textile mill, that I did not buy. These things are haunting me..

Congrats.

Thank you. I am thinking a 24 foot equipment trailer, but not sure yet. There is a forklift there and I have one here. It probably weighs at least 5000 pounds, if not more.

Wow, what a SB.
It would make a formidable job to level it up.

I have thinking that since I first saw it. To make things trickier, the floor where I think it should go is not the greatest. I might have to rethink this a bit, and fab up some more adjustable feet..

Well, it would be easy to haul, as in, not much weight for that long a machine.
Like I say, you regret the things you didn't do (or get)

Back