What's new
What's new

Looking for a 10L micrometer stop

jonok

Cast Iron
Asked about this over on the commerce page, but it was deleted for some reason.

I would like to find a clean micrometer stop that actually fits my heavy ten rather than the two I've got from Fleabay which are for something smaller...

Help...

I have an aluminum "shop built" stop that was clearly made with a bandsaw and a very enthusiastic tig welder which sort of fits but seems to have been made for something with thinner ways, and I just gave away the one that was sold to me as "for sure for a heavy ten" which, while a genuine south bend part, fit a friends 9" bench top to a t, but was, for me, a $135 lesson in caveat emptor...

If the aluminum thing would do you any good, I'll be happy to let you have it for the shipping...

Was the 'thing' built by Gartman machine on Ebay? I've seen them posting a bunch of trash for sale that looks like a 12 yr old girl made it. Oh wait, that would be an insult to 12 yr old girls...they would do better work.

I don't know. It is really just an aluminum block that fits over the way with a "hook" that keeps it from rocking, and a 3/8 NF screw threaded through it with a stainless steel knurled locking ring on the back.

In order to fit my lathe, it is essentially shimmed with two washers so that the locking dog doesn't can't enough to jam the cap screw that locks it in place. It works, but it's seriously ugly and it
Is a little bit wide, so that you can only get within an inch or
So of the chuck with the carriage.

Back