What's new
What's new

Looking for small chucks 3-4" for sb 9

Jbonez

Aluminum
I need a small chuck for my sb9.I have a 8" but it's too big for most things I do.plus it's not of good quality.if there's someone out there that could let one go at a reasonable price that would really help me out.thanks guys.if not for this forum,I'd be lost....seriously I've gotten so much help from you guys.great community....

What is the largest diameter that you need to turn. Is the part round or square. If it is 9/16 or smaller, a 3C Collet, Might be your answer. A 5C collet Chuck may work as well. But it is quite large. If you do not need high accuracy, a drill chuck might work. We need to know more about what you want to use it for.

you can also go to, cdcotools.com they might have what you're looking for.

Stay safe and have fun.

Joe.

8" seems a bit much for a 9" lathe. My 10L came with a 6" 3 jaw and I have a 6" 4 jaw with it.

I think the 9's use the 3C collet if you're doing a lot of same-diameter work that needs high precision. Collets are hard to beat for that kind of thing. Need a bunch of different ones if you do a lot of different sizes though.

Looking for small chucks 3-4" for sb 9

For my 10" I was lucky and purchased a Bison 5" for $200 new before the price went sky high. Been a fantastic chuck especially with the American Standard jaws. I have made several different sets of soft jaws for it.

As much as I like the 3 jaw chuck my Jacobs Rubberflex chuck blows it away. I purchased the series 50 chuck from EBay and found another chuck that had collets. I kept the better of the two chucks and collets and sold the other back on EBay. I also made the thread adapter to fit the chuck on the lathe. I have used the collet chuck more than the Bison for a lot of my work. I have $350.00 invested with the chuck and collets, a whole lot less than a 5C chuck and assorted collets.

Asking "Why or How" can cause temporary pain but permanent understanding.

Back