What's new
What's new

looking for a under cabinet drive from a heavy 10

Red1fire

Aluminum
Im looking for an under cabinet drive unit to rebuild while still keeping the lathe running. My lathe is a 47 heavy 10R. The unit has oil a trough as well as oil cups on the pulley. Anyone with one they are willing to part with let me know.

I've got a couple if you're near VA. I'm viewing mobile so I can't see your location and it's not in your post.

Would an under mount cabinet be goofy on a rear mount SB 10K light lathe?

I don't believe so, as the headstock for the rear mount counter shaft doesn't have a hole to allow the belt to go through to the under mount. I'm not exactly positive on the 10k though, that is the case for the 9 and 10L AFAIK.

You might need to swap the headstock, if that as worth it for you or not, I can't say.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I have one. Has been stripped and painted. I would give you a deal. Would really like to get the space back.this is a roller bearing unit though.

can't beat free...and it is a nice one...complete with drive unit,leg,covers,and chip pan..from a war era machine with a 3.5' bed.

I can't ship but take a trip and it's yours! :)

Eh 10k, I appreciate the offer but Moscow is a long way from florida. Damnit I'm cheap can you send a picture. :scratchchin:

Some baby pictures. every part broken dow cleaned checked buffed or painted minus the under drive and gearbox. should be done in 2017. fingers crossed. I call er sweetness.

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

NOS dials .jpg

if I could take pics I would probably keep it...:)

alas I am bound to this damn chair.

and you can't be that cheap given how much you have put in that machine so far! :)

alas I am bound to this damn chair.

When I see comments like this it makes me sad. There is not a day I see your name and don't hope that somehow, some way, a doctor will figure out a way to change your condition that would get you back making chips. I know it's not something you like to talk about, but suffice to say that there are people that are rooting for you, and like me, really appreciate all the help you've given to others on this forum over the years!

Cheers,
Alan

LOL, Ya your right. I really enjoy this damn lathe. there are fancier newer lathes out there but this one really lets you feel the road. Ive got an M1 carbine made by general motors. if i could target practice and cut metal at the same time id do it. Sorry to hear about the chair imagine we'll all be there one day, either before our time or old age. Thanks for the offer my friend.

Red

Just bought a Sheldon -0- horizontal vertical mill. The unit has original paint and frosting. Red is happy.

s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-9.jpg
s-l1600-8.jpg

If anyone else needs one, I have a spare under-drive unit now. Not sure but it should be for a 10L but it is different than the one that came with the base cabinet. Maybe it is for a 10k or 9".

Back