What's new
What's new

sb-9c now a sb17-c anti gap lathe

batw

Cast Iron
globe mill attachment -w- chuck or face plate ridgid any thoughts, comments? tia batw..
mvc015sci7.jpg
mvc004scf3.jpg
mvc005sbh8.jpg
mvc011snj9.jpg
mvc014stm6.jpg
mvc016snn0.jpg

Now to raise the tool post, and make a spacer
block for the tailstock. They'll have to be
adjustable too, maybe stackable plates. Nice
pictures of your shop.
Jamie

in the last picture look at the left side of face plate and hooked onto the tailstock is a vertical adustment and as to the tool post i had in mind something circular inside and outside threads and -w- the ability to adjust to any height required any uggestions would be appreciated thanks for the compliment batw

Interesting... I have to admit I've never seen anything like that before! So, you can actually adjust the swing of your "anti-gap" lathe?

Batw;
I see it now. Looking at the second before last
picture, I see it in the foreground-right. Is it
clamped just to the tailstock quill, or to the
ways also?
Jamie

Paula
I bought this set up from dave sobel at cabin fever sveral years ago it has a horizontal arbor and I set it up on this particular lathe to cut 200 gears it was actually more pleaureable to cut them in this fashion than on my Burke or Rockford. it also has a set of collets that go up to 3/4" I believe. you set up your work on the table and horizontal mill with it.in the third picture th faceplate is approx 1/2" above the sadde of the lathe it will raise up about another 1 1/2" --2" the whole setup is pretty ridgid but I keep cuts within reason. I cut the spindle 1 1/2" 8 threads for the adapter for chuck and face plate on the machine, and i have to say it was harder than woodpecker lips[the spindle] in the 3rd picture there are4 pulleys in the power ransfer 5" to 41/2" to 41/2" to5" again Ihad to scratch my head for a while consulted with a friend of mine thenjumped right in . one thig I learned is these 4 pulleys are to be kept tight to retain the timing while threading and i run the main belt a little on the loose side to give a little slip to let me know if im taking to heavy a cut.thanks batw

Jamie
the clamp is tightened to outside of the spindle on the tailstock and you lock up the spindle to the tail stock you could ctually adjust the tail stock cener to he head stock his way if wanted hanks paul

Back