What's new
What's new

Is this magnetic switch worth anything to anybody?

DanMc77

Aluminum
Here's a 3 phase magnetic switch for the taking. I removed it because I'm putting in a VFD. It's yours for the cost of shipping plus $15 to cover my time to get it boxed up and shipped off. Otherwise it goes into the trash - I already have enough junk laying around.

I also have the steel enclosure that it was in and don't think I'll be using that either.

Send me a PM.

Magnetic Switch.jpg

Yes, I did get your PM.

The first PM came in at 10:30 last night. This individual will get the switch and enclosure.

Is this magnetic switch worth anything to anybody?

Yes there worth a lot, when we had to replace one at work, the new price would knock you out...

Some are worth more. Back in the 90's a friend gave me 2 large starters that were new. I put them in the basement and the wife asked me why. I said I'll sell them some day. About a year later I sold them for $3,000 dollars and bought my first home computer.

I did not need a starter relay at this time. I have a few other old machines that may need one in the future.
The price of new is crazy. There are some good buy in used on ebay.
I have a feeling Dan knew he knew he could have got more money. A forum member wanting to help another with a hard to find part. It looks like a nice part.
Just remember motor starters are sized to the hp amps pulled.
That unit would look good hanging on the wall in the shop until needed.
Back when I worked on production when a relay started chattering we had replacement contacts and could change contacts and have the machine up and running in 30 minutes.
On my own machines I have repaired bad contacts with silver solder. Build them up and file.
Not the alloy HVAC guys use. I use a spool my dad bought back in the sixties. I believe it was for sweating stainless tubing.

I tried to keep a back up thee phase starter on hand to change out a bad one, so the boss would not have a cow, later I would
put in a purchase order for a new one. We had large air handlers that needed to run 24/7..

I have a feeling Dan knew he knew he could have got more money.

No, Dan was ignorant, inexperienced, and didn't spend the time to figure out what it's worth. But he has learned far more from this forum than this little thing is worth. It looks like it might be worth about the same as a used 4-jaw chuck.

If we love our neighbor as we love ourselves, just think of what kind of world we would live in.

For someone that has one that is ratted out it will surely be appreciated to get them running and making chips.
Mike

Back