What's new
What's new

Model T: What lathe do I have

cnicholls

Plastic
I am confused about what lathe I have.

The serial is 15802-T,looking up online websites say that T=13 inch swing is that correct?

It lived its life in a public school system when they used to actually teach life skills. Unfortunately, the belt was cut when it was moved out of the school and I have owned it for 9 years and never used it. Now the wife is "encouraging" to sell it. Any idea what I should ask for it.

20171114_205045.jpg20171117_214602.jpg
20171114_205212.jpg20171114_205152.jpg

It's actually a nice looking machine. Hardened ways, double tumbler gearbox, and appears to be a locking spindle nose rather than a threaded spindle. All excellent features, although you may have to work a tiny bit harder to find L-type chuck backplates to fit if you're not already good on chucks for it.

Replacing the belt is a snap, whether with a modern serpentine, glued rubber, or old school clipped leather. Regardless of the belt type, they're all spliced because there's no way to install it without it being cut first. Probably was just removed to go onto another machine.

Tell your wife we all said you'd be crazy to get rid of it.

Edit: PM members make replacement nameplates/threading charts. Ted may also have one to sell you that's NOS.

Back